Areas of Application for Sound Massage
Private use: Sound Massage with Tibetan singing bowls can be self-administered, although the relaxation effect is more profound when working with a partner. You can use Sound Massage in your home to help you relax and improve your health. You can use the Tibetan singing bowls to help you focus and go to deeper levels when meditating, before beginning a new project, or to sooth your frazzled nerves at the end of the day.
Professional Use: When working as a Tibetan Bowl Practitioner with clients you may need a license depending on your states requirements. (In Germany there are more than 2,000 Practitioners making their living with this amazingly effective therapy!)
For a seminar near you ,check our seminar schedule. If you would like us to teach in your area please contact us.
Wellness and Cosmetics: Inner calm, self-confidence, and health are the main factors determining a person’s appearance. Sound massage achieves well-being and beauty that comes from within.
Estheticians using the singing bowls while applying a facial or a body wrap intensify the efficacy of their treatments measurably.
Massage and Physiotherapy: Application of sound massage works well with acute physical problems. Blockages can be perceived consciously and can often be eliminated in one or two treatments. Moreover, interrelated events that caused these symptoms can be identified. The patient experiences sound massage as non-threatening. It can be stated with confidence that singing bowl therapy, while being very profound in its effect, is a very gentle therapy.
Medical Practice: Sound massage can support medical treatment, e.g. damaged discs, abdominal, digestive, and heart problems, painful joints, and poor circulation, to name just a few. It not only creates a relaxed atmosphere for doctor-patient communication, it also enables the patient to go into a deeply altered state (the Alpha-Theta brain wave state) in which healing is stimulated.Dr. Mitchell Gaynor, an oncologist in New York, treats all his patients not just with conventional medicine, but also with singing bowls. He writes in his book: “The Healing Power of Sound” “…the very first time I heard the ringing vibrations produced by the bowls I knew I had stumbled upon one of the most potent healing tools I would ever encounter…”
Therapy and Psychotherapy: Due to their deeply relaxing and hypnotic effect the singing bowls are an invaluable asset in the wide field of psychotherapy. The use of the bowls is impersonal and non-judgmental, and within the deep relaxation the therapeutic process can begin.
Other areas of application:
- Nurseries and schools
- Retirement and nursing homes
- Working with handicapped people
- Speech therapy
- Care of the dying
Effects of Sound Massage with Tibetan Singing Bowls
- Fast and effortless achievement of the “relaxation response”
- Gentle sound massage and harmonization of all body cells, therefore:
- Relief of blockages and tension in mind and body
- Activation and reinforcement of self-healing forces
- Increased self-confidence
- Enhanced creativity
- Increased productive energy
- Optimism and “joie de vivre”, a feeling of happiness
- Letting go of old, outdated patterns in your life
- The inner strength to follow though on new resolutions
- It has a calming effect on hyperactive children
- Positive influence on ADD and autism
- Learning enhancement through the synchronization of the right and the left brain
- During pregnancy it calms the mother and her unborn child and prepares both for an easier delivery with less pain
Benefits of Sound Massage
- Activates self-healing mechanism of the body
- Promotes elimination of toxins
- Promotes deeper and more profound sleep
- Promotes dream recall
- Promotes feelings of deep abiding calm
- Relief from pain
Relief from headache, fatigue, insomnia, PMS, digestive disorders, emotional imbalances, joint or muscle pain
- Better integration of left and right hemisphere of the brain
- Teaches the brain to move more easily into alpha/theta border state known as “the zone” which enhances performance in sports and arts, and learning and memory abilities
- Stress reduction through promoting a deep state of relaxation and endorphin release
- Chakra balancing
Self-Healing: (as opposed to curing) the process by which an individual experiences both permanent physical recovery and spiritual growth. The traditional Tibetan singing bowl with its powerful overtones can cause the individual to achieve the “relaxation response” effortlessly.
You will feel the vibrations travel through your body, generating a feeling of expansion and well-being. You start to drift and daydream as the sound waves wash through your cells with their rejuvenating and strengthening power. At the end of the session you feel regenerated.
If good music is nourishing, the singing bowls can be compared to the most basic and “digestible of all sound diets”. With our innate trust in these harmonious sounds and the pleasurable response they cause throughout our body, we soon start to breathe deeper and our thoughts calm down. Quickly we reach “the zone” and are capable of self-healing and accomplishing our very best.
Vibrational healing with the bowls also serves as a powerful key to unlock emotional trauma trapped within our subconscious.” Thoughts being vibrations, bowl therapy offers a deeper plane of healing that involves greater emotional and mental clarity.” Many individuals report increased awareness after each session.
Dr. Herbert Benson of Harvard’s Mind Body Institute who has studied stress reduction for 35 years defines the relaxation response as “a physical state of deep rest that changes the physical and emotional responses to stress for example, decrease in heart rate, blood pressure and muscle tension.” Regular elicitation of the relaxation response has been scientifically proven to be an effective treatment for a wide range of stress-related disorders. In fact, to the extent that any disease is caused or made worse by stress, the relaxation response can help.”